The first responders may be gone, but there is still room for heroes!
There isn’t a single person in our community that hasn’t been affected by the fires – some directly, the rest of us in indirect ways. There is still much so be done for Sonoma County to make it down the long road to recovery.
One critical need is for the resources to rebuild our community – our houses, our schools, our businesses. The local Building and Trades companies are working hard to help with clean up and to be prepared to help with this rebuild. But they need our help too!
Prior to the fires, the Building and Trades industry was already struggling to meet demand. Due to retirements, and a limited incoming workforce there have not been enough people available to ‘do the work’. This is where you come in…
We want to help YOU enter this field. And here’s how…
- We can help you better understand how your skills and interests fit into this industry, we have excellent professional vocational staff that can work with you individually to find the best match for you.
- If you need more training, we can help you identify what the training is, and potentially even pay for it.
- If you’ve got a few things preventing you from working right away, like limited English skills, the money to pay union dues, or buy new work clothes, or even a lack of reliable transportation, we can help remove those barriers so you can access these great jobs.
- When it’s time to get to work, we can help you find open positions, prepare your resume and interviewing skills so you make a great first impression.
The rebuilding effort is going to take all of us, and if you’re looking for a way to get involved and/or you just want a great job that will allow you to sustain yourself and your family – come talk to us. We want to show you how a career in the Building and Trades might be perfect for you!
Opportunities, available right now!
- Sonoma County Adult Education is planning several upcoming courses in construction, and landscaping. In most cases these classes are FREE! If you would like to get on the waiting list for these classes, or get more information please call 707-521-7829.
- Earn up to $16,000 in less than six months helping with the cleanup. Not only will you play a critical role in bringing Sonoma County back to life, you will also have the opportunity to find out if this work is right for you. You will be helping with demolition, repair, renovation and reconstruction of damaged and destroyed structures, facilities and lands on public or non-profit property (parks, schools, waterways, etc). Call 523-1155 to find out more. (Open to English and Spanish speakers). Work begins January 2018
- There is a Pre-Apprenticeship training program, that will prepare you to enter the construction field, through a state certified joint apprenticeship training program. You get First Aid/CPR and OSHA 10 certification, learn how to read blue prints, and explore what each trade offers. Program orientation is Friday, January 12, 2018. Call Cindi at 707-576-7299 by January 11, 2018 to join the FREE orientation. Classes begin January 22.
If you want to access any or all of these, we can help too! If you want to work one on one with a career counselor through this process, we can help you by providing information, guidance and support to ensure you’re the most confident and prepared as possible. (Services are FREE to those who qualify.) To find out more, call 565-5550 or stop by our office at 2227 Capricorn Way, Suite 100 – Santa Rosa.